Venice, Italy (part 3)



We took a train from Florence to Mestre, which is about a 10 minute train ride to Venice and a hotel rate at almost half the price.  Front desk told us the easiest way to get to Venice, they gave us a map, and informed us where to buy the train ticket.  They have daily and multi-day passes for your convenience.
Once in Venice, you will walk everywhere but the good thing is that it is a small island so for the ladies who want to wear nice sandals/wedges, you can if the weather permits.  I wore tennis and ankle boots on the two days I was there.  I guess I should add that it also rained those two days!  We were staying there a short amount of time and were not going to let the rain stop us from exploring.  Remember it also rained in Rome? Well those umbrellas came in handy in Venice too.
After grabbing some lunch, we went off to explore and take care of business; so we went on a gondola. Duh! I mean, did you really go to Venice if you didn't go on a gondola? 
There was almost no other gondolas in sight because it was about to start raining again so my boyfriend and I enjoyed the gondolier singing and whistling that much more.  It was so romantic ;)♥



pda <3

ponte rialto and the grand canal
having dinner at St. Marks square

Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute

gondolas

sunsets

streets of Venice






Comments

Popular Posts